HDR images created on computer with software, from bracketed shots....

TimmyD11

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

Easy to do?

Difficult?

Tedious?

Requiring skill?

A monkey can do it?

Easy to do?

Yep.

Difficult?

If you want to do it well.

Depends on your patience level -- for me yes, especially since I can usually do as well without the multiple frames.

Requiring skill?

Depends on how good a job you want to do.

A monkey can do it?

Nope.

Joe

Another one??? I've seen people spend less time fretting over buying a house!

Easy to do? Yes!
Difficult? No
Tedious? No
Requiring skill? No, just being able to see..
A monkey can do it? Yes.

Easy IF YOU DO IT RIGHT. Take the photo set with good overlap, keep level and fixed settings. Feed those pics into good software (Photoshop works well) and adjust the result. Voila, easy as pie.
The hard part is standing in front of something worth a panorama.

The hard part is standing in front of something worth a panorama.

Tell me about it, I want to go back to Jasper and Banff the third week of September. If I don't go it's most likely because I did not find anybody to go with me.

Yes | No | Depends on the image | Not really | If he has a computer, yes ;).
If you own it, use lightroom - it will create a RAW HDR file which is pretty nice.
With many cameras, RAW Mode and some editing skills e.g. in Lightroom (local adjustments) you can nowadays create a more natural looking image, with most of the details in highlights and shadows, than you can with most HDRs. Sure you will get some noise in the shadows, but it not as bad as you might think.

The good news is though: you can only win, because you sure have the time to capture some bracketed shots, and afterwards you can still decide whether it is worth it or not.

Easy to do?

Difficult?

Tedious?

Requiring skill?

A monkey can do it?

Can HDR done in post processing on the computer completely take the place of futzing around with graduated neutral density filters?

Can HDR done in post processing on the computer completely take the place of futzing around with graduated neutral density filters?

To a reasonably high degree, yes.

It won't allow you to lower the shutter speed or aperture when necessary. For example shooting a waterfall at a slow shutter speed. Light is going to dictate that situation and not the software you have at home.

you could stack images to fake a long exposure

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Hi
I am Noy.......It is tedious or requiring skill.

Most reactions

Back