HDR images

laam999

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I have been looking around online and HDR images are very interesting but I cant find hoe they are created - does anyone know and if so would you like to share?

Thanks

there is a whole lot of information here , did you try the search function?

HDR stands for high dynamic range. Cameras have limited dynamic range, you can expose either for highlights or shadows, but not for both. So by using HDR you get both in one picture.
How it`s done? In two ways:
1. Using image editing software make two copies of an image, adjust one to expose for highlights, and the other copy for shadows. You need a RAW file for best results. (to gain even better results you can make more then one copy and adjust each of them according to different exposure levels in the image. Then combine all layers in one image revealing the necessary parts of each copy to get the resulting image.
2. When you`re shooting, shoot several images with different exposures. Then you do the same thing described above, but this time you have better quality copies. And you can fine tune each of them to get the perfect image.
Of course, you have to try this technique for some time, before you will get the perfect picture.

a good HDR program is Photomatix

thanks for the replys, I now know how to do them (I think)

I tried to make one of my bass, but forgot the iso was at 400 so its really noise in the final HDR, is that expected or just bad technique? here is the image

firstgofinalMedium.jpg

Most reactions

Back