HDR is only for color or can it be used for different focused section of the image?

roncarver

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I underatand that HDR is used for blending multiple images witrh different expossures into one best.
Would HDR create an image form 3 or 4 images with different focus selection?
In other words If I have the same image photogrphed 3 times and each one has selected areas with different focused areas, can they be combined to have one image with all section in focus?

I doubt it. You need to use focus stacking for that. Plenty of software around to do it with. Zerene Stacker is probably the most respected, but is isn't free. There are a number of freeware solutions around to if you just want to play with it.

I underatand that HDR is used for blending multiple images witrh different expossures into one best.
Would HDR create an image form 3 or 4 images with different focus selection?
In other words If I have the same image photogrphed 3 times and each one has selected areas with different focused areas, can they be combined to have one image with all section in focus?
You would make a composite, not an HDR.

My G12 allows me to shoot three exposures like that.

I've tried it, but it's not exactly blowin' my skirt up. I think there are probably better ways to achieve the effect...

Focus stacking is what you're looking for. You can combine far more than just 3, however. I've stacked as many as 25.

Most reactions

Back