HDR newbie

shed301

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I normally don't post pictures in forums, But i'm curious to what you guys think. Both these pics were shot in raw, full manual, 28-80 lens, To me they look ok.. opinions differ i supose?

10qdl4z.jpg

23vdtav.jpg

cheers

software used is

photomatix
photoshop cs3
lightroom

Last edited:
IMO, #1 is WAY over saturated. And #2? Well, nothing is sharply in focus.

I think they're cool looking. I think it depends on your purpose too. They don't look real to me though. More fantasy looking.

oversaturated yes, but this is way too much IMO. The greens are killing my eyes and look at the water in the first image, the blues look neon.

oversaturated yes, but this is way too much IMO. The greens are killing my eyes and look at the water in the first image, the blues look neon.

I would have to agree, HOWEVER if you tone it back ever so slighty just to knock back the neon water and green these woud be GREAT.......KEEP AT IT AND KEEP POSTING THEM UP.....

thanks guys... *hands rubbertree some sunglasses to tone down the green a bit*

:D

I agree completely with the criticisms, but my like for trhe look of long-exposed flowing water takes over everything and I just have to love them.

Mark

Yeah these look way to fake and i dont think this particular scene called for HDR it would've been much better simply using a bit of fill-in flash. Also composition needs a little work - they both seem to be slanting off to one side ? Im really not a fan of HDR personally i gave it a go at one stage i just dont like the "fake" look it gives and i beleive theres more skill involved in getting the shot right in the frame :-D
But good stuff keep at it :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back