HDR Photography issue

another suggestion... you're doing the same work flow I was doing.
When you export out of Lightroom, it's converting the files to either TIFF or JPEG. DONT!!!!
You can directly load the files into Photomatix 5 as .NEF files so you retain all the detail your camera can produce.

sunrise%20pier%2012-2013--M.jpg

Ok, thanks for the suggestion of not using all 5 images in the stack. I chose the best sky exposure, water, and pier images and just used those three and came out with this imagewith slight adjustments in Photomatix. Now, even though I check the 'remove chromatic aberrations' box, I can still see them along the vertical edges of the wooden piers. Is that a problem with the image exposures I used or problems with my editing? Thanks again for any help.

That issue has nothing to do with the pylons, and those artifacts don't seem to be on any of the single images. There's something goofy going on in the processing...

Looks to me like there is an image in the stack that doesn't belong in the group. I see windows on the left. I would recheck the files that you are selecting.

I don't think its an image in the stack that doesn't belong. IT did not do that to me when I processed them. It could be a bug in photomatix though on his computer.

OP try uninstalling the the software and reinstalling.Maybe that will help.

Which supports my theory. I have no doubt that the OP inadvertently included an image that did not belong in the series.

Which supports my theory. I have no doubt that the OP inadvertently included an image that did not belong in the series.

I'm not so sure.

I did a shoot yesterday, and did a five-image HDR. This was the result:

11470780914_83bbb990bd_z.jpg

Now, it's obvious that the "windows" to the left are the result of them being in the original images, but I'll be damned if I know why they're showing up where they are. They don't show up in the three-image HDR...

another suggestion... you're doing the same work flow I was doing.
When you export out of Lightroom, it's converting the files to either TIFF or JPEG. DONT!!!!
You can directly load the files into Photomatix 5 as .NEF files so you retain all the detail your camera can produce.

You do know that Photomatix converts files from RAW to JPEG before you even see them to adjust in photomatix? Thats why Converting them in light room or photoshop as jpegs or tiffs will yeild you better results and is faster.

You do know that Photomatix converts files from RAW to JPEG before you even see them to adjust in photomatix? Thats why Converting them in light room or photoshop as jpegs or tiffs will yeild you better results and is faster.
I second that. I seems to get noisy looking reds when loading raw files directly into Photomatix.

I'm not so sure. I did a shoot yesterday, and did a five-image HDR. This was the result: Now, it's obvious that the "windows" to the left are the result of them being in the original images, but I'll be damned if I know why they're showing up where they are. They don't show up in the three-image HDR...
Yes, that is quite strange. However, in your example, the "ghost" images in you picture do appear elsewhere in the shot. In the OPs example the "windows" are nowhere else in the image. That's why I suggested that it looked like an image that didn't belong in the stack. Where else could the windows have come from?

I'm not so sure. I did a shoot yesterday, and did a five-image HDR. This was the result: Now, it's obvious that the "windows" to the left are the result of them being in the original images, but I'll be damned if I know why they're showing up where they are. They don't show up in the three-image HDR...
Yes, that is quite strange. However, in your example, the "ghost" images in you picture do appear elsewhere in the shot. In the OPs example the "windows" are nowhere else in the image. That's why I suggested that it looked like an image that didn't belong in the stack. Where else could the windows have come from?

Same place this gray card came from.

StrangeArtifact.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back