HDR Photography Question

ChrisF79

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Greetings:

I am reading the great tutorial at http://backingwinds.blogspot.com/2006/10/how-to-create-professional-hdr-images.html and he says to adjust the shutter speed and not the aperture. Well, he then goes on to say he takes a photo at metered EV, then -2EV, -4EV, -6EV, +2EV, +4EV, +6EV.

Forgive me for being so new to this but what in the world is EV? I'm shooting on a Nikon D80 and want to figure out what to set it to.

Thanks!

EV= exposure value. Basically you set your shutter speed and let the camera set the aperture. Then you take a picture, with a tripod so as not to move the camera. Then you continue to take pictures with different exposure values. I have the Olympus e-510 and you can actually set to to automatically change the exposure by a certain value for 3 different pictures. I like to do it manually by using the compansation button. You should take one a regular value then take 1 at -1, -2, -3 and then one at +1, +2, +3.
Hope this does not confuse you as I am a fairly newbie also and have a hard time explaining.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back