HDR Programs

Nikklaus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was pointed in the direction of Photomatix today, and I tried it out, but I was wondering if there are any other programs that can produce HDR images, as Photomatix watermarks images unless you buy it for $99. I thought the result was quite nice but maybe there are free programs that do the same thing?

Thanks very much

I tried the qtpfsgui. Everything looked great at 900x600, but then when trying to go to full size, everything went wonky. I decided to plunk down the $100 on Photomatix and don't regret it a bit.
Dug

edit: I was just at www.hdrlabs.com that has some rating/reviews of different programs and they host Picturnaut(IIRC). Whoever runs the site is coming out with a HDRI Book.

My copy of PS CS2 has an HDR merge automation that comes with it that I like over the Photomatix.

If nikklaus complains about $100 for photomatrix how do you think he'll react to the $900 photoshop :p

He may have it already but not wanting to throw out another $100 like me...:er:

I prefer Photomatix to CS2. I haven't used it in CS3 yet. It seems photoshop uses the tone compression from Photomatix while Photomatix gives you the option of tone compression or detail enhancer. There is a free program the worked pretty well called Picturenaut. I got it at hdrlabs.com. But I tested it after getting photomatix. Picturenaut wasn't good enought to forget the $100 I spent.
Dug

Most reactions

New Topics

Back