HDR Questions

JamieR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Right, I've ordered my Canon 40D, and it will be in store a week on monday. I'm really interested in HDR photography, i just would like a few things clearing up.

Right, my understanding is that you take several images of the same thing with different exposures. I've seen a few shots i would like to try out, and i will set the shot up with a tripod. I would like to know how i will change the exposure settings without any camera movement? I've tried shots before with a tripod and i know that even the slightest press of a button will make the camera move.

I know some cameras can take different exposures automatically, but I'm not sure if the Canon 40D has this function.

Does anyone experienced in taking HDR shots have any tips that could help an amateur?

Regards,
Jamie.

Right, my understanding is that you take several images of the same thing with different exposures. I've seen a few shots i would like to try out, and i will set the shot up with a tripod. I would like to know how i will change the exposure settings without any camera movement? I've tried shots before with a tripod and i know that even the slightest press of a button will make the camera move.
It's OK if the camera moves a little...as long as you don't change it's position. You should be using the timer or a remote, so that you aren't touching it while it fires.

I know some cameras can take different exposures automatically, but I'm not sure if the Canon 40D has this function.
It's called AEB (auto exposure bracketing) and I'm pretty sure the 40D has it. Although, it's really easy to just change the exposure yourself.

Ok thanks for clearing that up for me.

Regards,
Jamie.

Most reactions

Back