HDR

noob873

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I finally got cs3 and wanted to try out my first HDR.
But when I tried it was nothing like some of the ones Ive seen. Just curious what to do.
I took the 3 pics then clicked the merge to HDR thing. What do I do after that? The result just looked really bland compared to the other HDR's I've seen.

Sorry if this is a repetitive question.

Tonemapping...

Watch the video.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then you have to go to "image > mode > 8 bit...and play with the graph.

I finally got cs3 and wanted to try out my first HDR.
But when I tried it was nothing like some of the ones Ive seen. Just curious what to do.
I took the 3 pics then clicked the merge to HDR thing. What do I do after that? The result just looked really bland compared to the other HDR's I've seen.

Sorry if this is a repetitive question.

Hi! I've written a tutorial on this topic here:

http://backingwinds.blogspot.com/2006/10/how-to-create-professional-hdr-images.html

It'll get a lot easier after you do a few. :)

Thanks. :)
Got if figured out.
But one more thing, when I go to upload them into photobucket it wont let me because its a photoshop file. And when I saved them jpeg wasnt an option, how do I save it as a jpeg?

File > Save As > JPEG or PNG > If JPEG use the highest quality (100).

That should work.

Ok cool PNG worked, but I still dont get why it wont give me the option to save it as JPEG.

You probably have it still set at 16bit image. Change it to 8bit and then you can saved as jpeg.

There's no problems with PNG's though, plus if you always resave the file it's always lossless, unlike JPEGs.

I always re-edit photos a bunch of times, that's pretty much the reason I save my file as PNG. Also if you ever need a JPEG, to upload on a site for example, you can always re-save that PNG into a JPEG with no loss of quality. Personal preference I guess.

See this thread for some info about JPEG compression. credit to garbz

Most reactions

New Topics

Back