"head in the clouds"

jasonkt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, hobbyist here so please feel free to make any comment! I'm hoping for specific advice but of course I love opinions also, just like any other artist!

headintheclouds.jpg

A little OOF and underexposed, but it's a great effect and a very nice angle. Definitely has promise.

heres a quick edit i did of your photo

i increased the contrast and saturation a bit, i also added some fill light and recovery in lightroom.
oh, and i also added a blue filter to fix the sky a bit. Its just a quick try, hope you like it.

headintheclouds.jpg

I like the original post better, to be honest. Looks more like fog and gives it more of an urban feel.

It's a good shot, but maybe play around with tones/curves to bring out some hightlights and add some contrast.

I like the clouds covering the top. I was up there a few years ago on a day like that where you could see across the river one minute and barely see your hand the next. I took this pic with my first digicam, a 2mp sony long before I was even interested in photography but just to capture my adventures. This was one I top from the back of those doubledecker tour buses. Is that how you took yours?? I hope to go back one day and have this pic over again. You have captured a great shot. Well done.

024ESB1.jpg

Noob I love that you were able to bring out the detail in the church so well. Exactly how did you do that?

Dklod I was just on the street when I took mine. The shadows on sunny days are tough aren't they?

Dklod I was just on the street when I took mine. The shadows on sunny days are tough aren't they?

They sure are. I need to work on this a bit to brighten those dark areas. NYC is a great place to photograph but all I had at the time was a P&S. My newest camera is too P&S but offers alot more flexability so I hope to make it back there and really take the time to get a little more creative.

I like the original best. HASHASHIN's is wayyy too blue tinted, and noob's is okay but the halo-ing doesn't look good and the fog looks weird.

Nice pic jason.

At first I thought dklod did some crazy editing. I like noob's editing, I think the benefits outweigh the negatives. Good stuff regardless.

Noob I love that you were able to bring out the detail in the church so well. Exactly how did you do that?

I messed around with curves some, then used high pass, then dodge/burned.
I like the original best. HASHASHIN's is wayyy too blue tinted, and noob's is okay but the halo-ing doesn't look good and the fog looks weird.
Nice pic jason.

Yeah I did the edit in like 30 seconds. :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back