Head shots.

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Needed to do some head shots in order to try out some LR post processing ideas that I read about (using local brushes). So I decided to set up my lighting and take a few shots. While thinking about it, I decided that I wanted to use my light to get a white background. So I took two monolights, one on either side and aim them at the all at about 1/2 power. (This metered at 1/200, ISO 100 at f/11) Then I used my Streaklight 360 with a 24" softbox as a key on 1/8 or 1/16 power to get a meter of 1/200, ISO 100 at f/8. I shot with my 7d mk ii with new Canon 50mm f/1.8 in portrait orientation.

Post was all in LR with a color profile, lens correction, basic highlight, shadow, whites and blacks. Then I used the local brushes for skin softening, eyes and iris adjustments, line and wrinkle softening and hair, eyelash and eye brow adjustments.

Here are two shots from this set, 1 with glasses and 1 without glasses.

1)

79cb6decb57588_803250.jpeg

2)

e0e703571f4d6c_803249.jpeg

I'd say you nailed the background Ron. As far as the headshots; I might have thought about turning the torso just a little more and perhaps bringing in a reflector camera left. On the glasses shot, I think if you'd pulled the SB just a had further off-axis camera right you would have completely eliminated that bit of reflection on the upper frame/lens.

I'd say you nailed the background Ron. As far as the headshots; I might have thought about turning the torso just a little more and perhaps bringing in a reflector camera left. On the glasses shot, I think if you'd pulled the SB just a had further off-axis camera right you would have completely eliminated that bit of reflection on the upper frame/lens.

Thanks John. I agree with you about the torso, reflector and the reflection. (didn't like the head position in any of the others with the glasses on, even though they did not have reflections in them.)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back