Headshot try - C&C Pleasw

YoungRebel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey folks,

a friend of mine needed headshots so I offered him to give it a try...

The photos are post-processed in Lightroom and got rid of blemishes etc in CS2.

shot1.jpg

shot2.jpg

I'd love to get feedback to improve my skills...

Thanks

I don't know what advice to offer on exposure or anything like that. That being said, the pose in #2 just isn't working. It's just such an odd angle for a persons neck to be, even more so for a guy, and he looks as if he's straining a bit to get his eyes towards the camera. Have him lift his head off the wall a bit or at least get the rest of his body closer to the wall so his neck isn't so arched, and turn his head towards the camera and I think it would be much more flattering.

Yea the pose in #2 doesn't do much for me (although I'm not turned off by it - huh. . .); the pivot at the neck is what kills it for me. If he'd have relaxed against the wall, it would have been money.

First one is cool.

Colors are a bit off (in the high range), but then this is practice so it doesn't really matter.

Thank you so far!

Yeah, haha - pose #2 IS weird! you should have seen all the other poses :lol:

He really was a little uncomfortable in front of the lens.... All my talk about "hey, just relax and have natural poses" didn't really work...

I get what you mean with the high-range.

Thanks

I like the first shot a lot, of him, but something about the angle of the wall (in both of them) keeps trailing my eyes right off the picture. But I'm a noob so take that with a grain of salt, it's just what I'm seeing. :)

Most reactions

Back