Headshots with Keely

max3k

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

Pretty girl! Too bad only one of these is in portrait orientation, and all the rest have her head chopped off!

i fail to see how that is a bad thing...

A lot of photographers find it a faux pas to chop the head off. Of course, a lot of photographers think it's perfectly acceptable. I tend to agree with the idea that it hurts the picture.

On another note, your exposures, except for 4, seem flawless.

4 seems flat and over exposed.

Yet one of the most popular and successful portrait photographers do both those things.

It'd ridiculous how so many people get bent out of shape about camera orientation when it comes to making an image of someone's face.

Lovely series, I really liked them especially with the ones with shallow DOF. What lens where you using and how did you manage to achieve that DOF using strobes? I am guessing the lighting was through strobes from the reflection in the eyes.

Yet one of the most popular and successful portrait photographers do both those things.

It'd ridiculous how so many people get bent out of shape about camera orientation when it comes to making an image of someone's face.

Maybe because so many amateurs do it... and do it poorly! Maybe the one pro you mention has the skills to get away with it... most don't! :)

The shallow DOF is straight out of camera, no photoshop there. They were shot at f4 with a 5d2 and 70/200L f/2.8

Maybe because so many amateurs do it... and do it poorly! Maybe the one pro you mention has the skills to get away with it... most don't! :)

Did I get away with it? =)

What's she wearing anyway... ;)

I would have loved 4 and 5 if they were in portrait with her full head in the picture...6 is pretty and she is a GORGEOUS girl. Not your average "pretty girl" stereo type...she looks genuine, smart, outgoing, and generally interested in just being herself and not throwing out some posey posey type pictures-not that anything is wrong with those either-but I find these types of pictures/models much more attractive to look at.

These are absolutely beautiful, with the exception of #5, where she looks like she's cross-eyed. If I had to pick one, I think #3 is the clear winner. Great work, man!

Did I get away with it? =)

Yes, you absolutely did.

Most reactions

Back