Hear Me Roar

smoke665

TPF Supporters
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Between rain, wind, slick rocks, and a steep slope. We finally got a little break in the weather to shoot a few of our little Nala. One of the better ones from the day.....she was getting into the roar part. LOL
no-image-available-grid.jpg by William Raber, on Flickr

Last edited:
That is brilliant! She is getting right into it lol.

Her new favorite for the moment is anything Lion King, so it wasn't hard to get her into the mood. LOL

I love it! She’s a natural with posing, and really like the choice of lighting here.

Thanks guys. @Dean_Gretsch & @adamhiram I struggled on the light. Just in front of the rock it slopes off pretty steep, and with the rain was slick. I had a speedlight on a stand with an umbrella, but the slope and gusting winds, was making it difficult to keep it stationary. DW was also on the slope with a large reflector, and ended up taking a tumble. Thankfully the only thing injured was her pride. Part of the lighting effect you're seeing is a technique I learned recently called "cookie cutter lighting" where you use a curves layer with a mask, then use a round soft brush to punch holes for different levels of light throughout the image.

That is a great photo that will bring back great memories years from now. Well done!

Adorable and wow such a great choice for her..keeping warm with her roar...

Thanks all. Sort of bummed that we had weather issues to contend with, because she was in the mood for cooperating.

Lighting, tones, posing and camera angle are all in perfect cohesion with the theme. Well done!

Most reactions

Back