Hello all...

6-string-traveler

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everyone. I've been on the site for a few days looking around and decided to join. Recently back into photography as a hobby. I really started to understand the power behind a photo in 7th grade. We had a darkroom in school and developed our own black and white photos. Carefully moving a seemingly blank paper from tray to tray and watching the image appear was magical to me at the time.
Now Photoshop and Lightroom are fantastic tools minus the chemical smell, which is a bonus.
I've been doing HVAC for about 24 years and just started photography again (i.e not a cell phone) in the last few months. Looking forward to everyone's experiences and insight.

Welcome to TPF! Sounds like you have a great background in photography. I hope you check out the Gallery section, and post some of your work! It's a great way to meet everyone and get feedback on your stuff.

Have fun, and enjoy the forum!

Hey everyone. I've been on the site for a few days looking around and decided to join. Recently back into photography as a hobby. I really started to understand the power behind a photo in 7th grade. We had a darkroom in school and developed our own black and white photos. Carefully moving a seemingly blank paper from tray to tray and watching the image appear was magical to me at the time.
Now Photoshop and Lightroom are fantastic tools minus the chemical smell, which is a bonus.
I've been doing HVAC for about 24 years and just started photography again (i.e not a cell phone) in the last few months. Looking forward to everyone's experiences and insight.

AN excellent write-up. I know the magical feeling of that darkroom paper-to-chemicals-to-image...that really got me hooked as a kid.

Welcome to the modern era of digital imaging! Cameras and lenses are so,so awesome nowadays! i love the ease and speed of Lightroom editing, and really like the Adjustment Brush way of editing images, which is just super-easy and fast,and still kind of darkroom-like. After 20 years' worth of Photoshop use, I stopped using it a few years back.

I almost miss the chemical smell. Maybe they've got an air freshener. Febreeze dark room.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back