Hello Everyone from The Finger Lakes

Dave NY

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello Everyone from The Finger Lakes,

I have been interested in photography for many years. About a week ago I took a photo with my cell phone that came out so clear and perfect (at least to my eye) that it renewed my interest. 2-3 years ago I bought a Canon EOS 80D and took some great pics but then put it aside. The pic I took last week made me dig it out and start to get familiar with it again. I am now retired and have loads of time to learn and love landscapes, wildlife, waterfalls and nature. Some of the views in the area are spectacular, the waterfalls are unbelievable, and nature is amazing.

I hope to learn alot from you folks here and hopefully I have a good camera to start on.

Thanks
Dave

Welcome and that is a horrible camera just send it to me and I’ll “dispose” of it for you. I’m way behind you I have a 50D and love it. I imagine the 80D is a nice camera.

Welcome and enjoy the forum. The finger lakes region is stunningly beautiful. Great place for photography. Learn all you can before fall color, which will be starting towards late August.

Strodav,

Yes it is a beautiful area, I grew up here, then moved to New England, New Hampshire, then moved back. The fall colors are spectacular some years, other not so much. The waterfalls are also great along with the Gorges they are in.

I am just heading out to get some pics of waterfalls

You seem to know the area quite well being from Texas.

Welcome to TPF! :) I'm looking forward to seeing your work. Be sure to check out our Photo Galleries, where you can post your photos.

Have fun!

Strodav,

Yes it is a beautiful area, I grew up here, then moved to New England, New Hampshire, then moved back. The fall colors are spectacular some years, other not so much. The waterfalls are also great along with the Gorges they are in.

I am just heading out to get some pics of waterfalls

You seem to know the area quite well being from Texas.
I spent the first few decades of my life in Illinois and Wisconsin, hiking, hunting, fishing, and camping, but traveled quite bit, especially when one of my kids moved to the NE. I had a good friend in the finger lake region. After retirement, moved to Texas to be closer to family, but I miss the forests in the North, especially in the fall. It's amazing that the same glaciers that formed the great lakes also formed the finger lakes.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back