Hello from a Northwest Florida newbie!

Dh_T3i

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well, not quite a newbie, but it has been a while since I had a camera. I recently "inherited" a Canon EOS Rebel T3i. I used to have a Pentax 35mm film camera back in the day, been a long time since using an SLR (in this case a DSLR). I have taken lots of video with my GoPro, both underwater diving and on land. I'm fairly proficient with video editing software, used Sony Vegas for many years, recently switched over to Davinci Resolve to make my videos from my clips. I am not sure what software to use for editing pics from my new T3i, any suggestions are welcome. I look very forward to both helping here on this forum, and getting help! Aloha!

Aloha! And welcome to the forum. Lightroom satisfies my editing needs and integrates my desktop and mobile devices pretty well. I'm sure you'll get other recommendations also.

Hi, hi, hi.

Last edited:
Hi welcome
I use photoshop elements to post process images

@Original katomi , do you have to pay a monthly charge? I thought Photoshop was one of those pay every month things, which I don't like... Thanks!

Also, I forgot to mention I have been flying drones for a while, I have a DJI Mavic 2 Zoom and a Mini 2, both take EXTREMELY good video.

Yes, I do pay monthly. The version I use is a subscription service. I don't like it but I accept it. The one advantage is your software stays up to date.

Renting the software seems to be the only option in many cases these days. I’m not wild about that either, so I use GIMP because it’s free and very similar to Photoshop. If I were going to subscribe to one of the others, it would likely be Capture One or Lightroom. I’m only interested in photo processing. Welcome to the forum. It’s a great place to hang out.

I use Lightroom 6 licensed not the CC monthly lease arrangement. I serves me well for digital shots as well as scanned film shots. However, I don't know if you can still buy the licensed version. Maybe someone else knows.

You can get Lightroom Classic (LrC), but only as part of the Creative Cloud as far as I can tell. You can purchase Phtoshop Elements, which is standalone with a onetime purchase, and runs on your desktop.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back