Hello from Alabama (temporarily!)

sanmusa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi! My name is Ren and I have been an amateur photographer for over 15 years. To pay the bills I work as a helicopter mechanic for the US Army, have been doing that for 12 years now. I am currently in Fort Rucker, Alabama attending some Army schools, until very recently I was stationed in Alaska, and in December I will be moving to my next home in Germany.

I currently use a Canon 60D, and my main lens is a Tamron AF 18-270mm f/3.5-6.3 Di II VC LD Aspherical (IF) Macro (that's a huge name for a lens!!). Other lenses I use are the Sigma 30mm f1.4, Lensbaby Muse, and the old Canon 18-55mm kit lens (no IS) that came with my old Canon Rebel XTi.

I started with photography back in high-school, continued in college and even had a job working in a dark room for a company that did aerial photography before joining the Army.

My favorite subjects are wildlife, and landscape photography. My other hobby is my love for mechanical things, and I am definitely a motor head, so one other subject that I would love to explore photographically and take more pictures of is automobiles.

Here is a link to my old Flickr account, not maintained anymore: Flickr: Renato Piereck's Photostream

This is my current account, I am in the process of posting some shots I got on a recent trip from Alaska to Alabama by car: Flickr: Piereck Photography's Photostream

Constructive criticism is much appreciated!!

Welcome aboard.

FYI, you'll get more feedback on your images, if you actually post them in the forum, rather than asking people to visit your Flickr etc.

Welcome aboard.

FYI, you'll get more feedback on your images, if you actually post them in the forum, rather than asking people to visit your Flickr etc.

Thank you, I'll keep that in mind!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back