Hello from Alberta, Canada

Vixen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi there. I just joined TPF last night.
I'm from Alberta, Canada. Photography is purely a hobby at this point in my life, although I do enjoy it immensely and have considered the business end of it.
I took one photography class in high school and loved it. We did everything from rolling the film, to taking the pictures, to developing film and printing and enlarging our pictures. I had the most amazing teacher for that class who actually had a passion for photography.
Currently I have small fujifilm digital point and shoot type deal, it takes decent pictures, but its nothing special.
I also have an SLR Minolta Maxxum 400si that I mostly use with B&W film. I would like to purchase a DSLR sometime in the next year, although I haven't quite decided what I'm going to do yet.
I have been trying to get more into photography lately, as it has been a long time sinve I've actually pursued it. I'm contemplating the idea of making a resolution to take one great photo every day for a year, or else one every week. And I'm thinking that it might be a good idea to tell myself that once I have accomplished this, be it 365 photos or 52 photos, that I will reward myself with a new DSLR. If I can afford it when the time comes.
Anyway, I think this is the end of my introduction thread.
Have and awesome day everyone!

Welcome to the forum. I'm always glad to see more Albertans here.

Welcome aboard!

welcome to TPF

Hey buddy, welcome! I really like your "Photo A Day" idea, very inspiring; i'd like to try that.

Good to see another fellow Canadian here, you should look into the "meeting up" in the Alberta area that some members are organizing.

Can't wait to see your work!

Thanks for the great welcome guys! Definately will be considering the Alberta meet up! Even if I can only make it for a day!

Welcome to the forum!

Another canuck to the list!

Most reactions

Back