Hello from Australia

sgodwin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi all,

My name is Scott. I live in Australia, and I've been dragging some sort of camera around with me for quite a few years now. I like to travel and I spend a lot of time in the outdoors, climbing, kayaking, diving and so on, so a lot of my photographic interests are related to these kinds of activities. I'm particularly interested in night landscapes, star fields and startrails, and long exposure stuff. I've dabbled a bit in underwater photography too using a very basic digital setup, and I find it immensely frustrating and rewarding.

I definitely consider myself a beginner and I don't have a lot of knowledge or gear. What I do have is a lot of enthusiasm to learn and improve.The gear I have is quite basic, but it is teaching me a lot. My first somewhat decent camera was an Olympus C-760 UZ, which was a basic, but good compact digital that allowed almost full control over everything and taught me a lot. I still have it, but it hasn't really been the same since I flooded it while snorkeling in a shallow creek a while ago.

I now have a Nikon d5000, which I got in a kit with the 18-55 and 55-200 mm lenses. I also have an old Ricoh 35 mm SLR, with handful of lenses. It has a basic built in light meter, but everything else is completely manual.

At the top of my wishlist at the moment is a circular polarizer and some neutral density filters to improve my landscape shooting capability.

I came here to learn and improve my photography. I'm also pretty useless when it comes to digital post-processing, so hopefully I can learn something there as well.

Cheers,

Scott

Hey Scott and welcome. Lot's of new people in here almost daily it seems. The biggest thing I have found is that my mind is slowly changing to think photography. To some here it is second nature. To me! I'm still at the "what does this button do" stage. Look forward to seeing you around.

Cheers
Jim

Most reactions

New Topics

Back