Hello from beautiful California!

West Coast Birder

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi folks, new member here. Originally from Illinois but have lived in Oregon and California for almost 35 years.

I’m a long time member of POTN but with the impending shutdown of that site, I decided to look for another forum in which to learn and contribute. Another member on POTN suggested this site and, well, here I am!

Hope to hang around, participate, and learn about our lovely hobby (at least in my case)!

Welcome and enjoy the forum. I was born and raised in Illinois, but moved to SE Texas to get away from snow and closer to one of our kids. This is a much better place to live, even given the oppressive summers here in Houston. Another forum you might want to look at is UglyHedgeHog.com Strange name, but a very good photography site. If you are into to nature and wildlife, I highly recommend BackCountryGallery.com , which is run by Steve Perry who is a very well known professional wildlife photographer and trainer.

Welcome and enjoy the forum. I was born and raised in Illinois, but moved to SE Texas to get away from snow and closer to one of our kids. This is a much better place to live, even given the oppressive summers here in Houston. Another forum you might want to look at is UglyHedgeHog.com Strange name, but a very good photography site. If you are into to nature and wildlife, I highly recommend BackCountryGallery.com , which is run by Steve Perry who is a very well known professional wildlife photographer and trainer.

Thank you for the welcome and the recommendations! I'll check them out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back