HELLO from Chicago!

r a y

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So i was searching for a new photography site on the web, because the small one i used to hang out at was recently shut down, and this was at the top of Google's list. After a bit of poking around i really liked the community and what i saw here so i went to register, only to find out i already had a while back and just never posted anything! So i guess this is hello... again, in some sorts! lol
Anyhow, Hi everyone! My name is Ray and im from the north 'burbs of Chicago. Been shooting for about 3 years now. It all began simple enough: picked up a used D40 that i found off my company's interoffice want ads, completely on a whim. Started shooting anything and everything, began meeting other photogs in the area and now that 'whim' has grown into the obsession that it is now!
Started off, im sure like most other noobie photogs, shooting random objects around the house, as well as landscapes. After a while, because of my involvement with the various car communities in my area, i started doing a lot of automotive photography and eventually graduated into model/portrait work after meeting some people at a photography workshop i had attended.
Nowadays I stay busy doing freelance work, such as event coverage and private client shoots. But its safe to say that im still that noob kid, carrying a camera around, looking at the world through a lens, and taking pictures of anything and everything!
As for equipment, i really dont have much. Just a Nikon D90, a bunch of primes, a couple of strobes and some standard light modifiers. I make do.

Well, i'll stop babbling for now. Feel free to stop by my Ray Flores Photo | Facebook or Flickr: Ray Flores' Photostream when you get a chance!

Just wanted to share a few before i go:

[02/52] _DSC4963 h by Ray Flores, on Flickr

[123/365] _DSC5590 h by Ray Flores, on Flickr

DSC_7291 by Ray Flores, on Flickr

DSC_7191 by Ray Flores, on Flickr

_DSC9507 by Ray Flores, on Flickr

DSC_1787 by Ray Flores, on Flickr

_DSC2330 by Ray Flores, on Flickr

DSC_4833 by Ray Flores, on Flickr

Thanks for lookin!

Welcome to TPF, Ray! Second one is my favorite, beautiful in every aspect. First one is also amazing, think the other ones are really good as well.

best regards
Gunso

Most reactions

New Topics

Back