Hello from Florida , EXOTIC CARS !

AWphotographi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey everybody , New to this site and actually stumbled upon it looking for some new gear/glass. I shoot here in Florida , mostly exotic cars. I've been shooting for about three years now , I still have a ways to go I know but i'm pretty happy with where i'm at right now. I'm getting ready to buy a light setup within the next few days (Alienbees)/(Vegabonds) and a few more pieces of glass (70-200 F/2.8) and an 11-16. Here's some of my work. Hope you like it !

Ferrari FF
me2.jpg

me5.jpg

me4.jpg

me3.jpg

Lamborghini LP560-4

HeffnerLamboLP560212.jpg

HeffnerLamboLP560330.jpg

HeffnerLamboLP560497-2.jpg

Who told you to shoot my cars? I didn't sign any release forms allowing you to. :lmao: Nice shots, are you from Miami or just Florida (not Miami):p Welcome to TPF!

Who told you to shoot my cars? I didn't sign any release forms allowing you to. :lmao: Nice shots, are you from Miami or just Florida (not Miami):p Welcome to TPF!

Awh man , I didn't know they were yours !? Hah , no I'm just from boring old Central Florida !

Oh, ew. Lol. I thought maybe the cars were from South Beach (where my mansion is, of course).

Hah , thanks man. That was set up in front of a Cement truck , the customer and me picked out a cement factory to shoot the car at. Came out pretty good imo.

#1 has poles growing out of it

#2 I like very much

#3 I might have moved to the right a little more and eliminated the green in the corner

#5 Is nice, I like to desaturate green grass/trees in the backgrounds so to keep the attention on the car. You also have a green car which tends to get lost

#6 remove the cars in the background and desaturate the background as well. I'm not a huge fan of the hood being up on it I think it would be a much better photo with it down

#7 is nice with the truck but I would have played with DOF a little more blur to the truck to make the car stand out.

OH and if you can, use a CPL.

Another trick I use on cars in the black areas that tend to lose detail, create a 2nd layer in photoshop set it to "soft light" use the paintbrush and paint white over the dark areas then adjust the opacity to suit.

Here's an example:

HeffnerLamboLP560212.jpg

Hah , thanks man. That was set up in front of a Cement truck , the customer and me picked out a cement factory to shoot the car at. Came out pretty good imo.

I was just yanking your chain. These are pretty good overall. I think you might have your flash a bit hot though.

The first ones aren't bad. The background is a little busy in number one, but nothing major.

However, the last two don't work for me. In the second to last one, you blurred everything but the car which clearly is faux blur. That to me (and a lot of other 'togs) is a major 'no-no'. And of course, the truck behind the lambo in the last photo adds no context to the shot and detracts from the image heavily IMO. Your photos aren't bad, just keep some of these things in mind the next time you shoot. :thumbup:

Welcome to the forum!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back