TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi!

Who am I?
My name is Matthias, I'm 19 in some days and I'm from Germany.
I'm a big movie fan and I collect DVDs for years now. I also wrote movie reviews on my own blogs, but I stopped doing that some weeks ago.
I'm also a huge music guy. I guess my favorite genres are punk and metal but seriously what I listen too is all over the place. Punk, techno, classic... even hip-hop. :p

Why am I here?
Well obviously I like photography. In fact I was interested in that since I was a small kid. When I was in Elementary school I used my ****ty digicam to make a lot of 3D pictures (for those blue/red glasses).
But that's the problem right there: I always had really ****ty, outdated cameras and I just lost the interest at some point, because pretty much every pic turned out looking bad. (I know it's even possible to make good pics with crappy cameras; you basically just have to know how to use it. But I just always wanted a really good camera)
Well yeah, one of my big wishes for years was to have an SLR camera, but those were always too expensive for me.
Then later I pretty much forgot about my passion for photography. That is until I got my first smartphone, a Sony Ericsson Xperia, which has a pretty good camera for a smartphone.
I went out and shoot a LOT of photos, which all looked great on the small phone screen, but the disappointment came when I loaded them on my PC and looked at them in fullscreen. They never had a really good quality. It always looked washed out. Also it's hard to make good photos of big stuff, because you always have to go far away from it, to get it into the shot.
In addition to that I have a special thing for macro photography which is nearly impossible with a mobile phone cam. And most importantly: I f*cking hate, that I can't set the focus manually!

So, I thought about getting a good camera for once and get a bit more serious into photography for a pretty long time.
I started to read about cameras. I still didn't wanted to get an SLR, because it's still way to expensive and because I'm actually still a noob, I shouldn't start with that.
So I checked for good Digicams and chose the Canon SX 130 IS. It's not the best cam, but it is waaay better than any cam I ever used. Also I read, that it's supposed to be pretty good for macro shots. And most importantly, you can set a lot manually!
Also it wasn't too expensive. Actually, I didn't pay anything. My birthday is in some days and my parents ordered it for me.
Still have to wait 'til I have it though.

Well, yeah... I tend to write a bit much when I'm introducing me on a new board.
If anyone REALLY read this whole thing through... Cool thing, bro.

Maybe I will upload some of my more decent mobile phone pics later. || EDIT: Posted some here.
But I really can't wait get outside and try out that cam.

I'm sure, I will have a great time in here!
This forum looks like one of the best photography boards on the net to me.

Greetings,
Matthias.

Last edited:
hallo, I saw your photos, they're pretty cool :)
I like the clock tower, is it in Germany?

That clock quite clearly is Big Ben in London/UK ... welcome to ThePhotoForum, both Matthias from Germany ("NinjaWookiee") and trumsoMZ :D

hallo, I saw your photos, they're pretty cool :)
Thanks!
Like LaFoto said, the clock tower is the infamous Big Ben in London, UK.

Thank you all for the nice welcome.

Greetings,
Matthias.

Welcome from NYC. I am part German, part Irish, part Italian and my wife is Colombian. Don't ask. :)

Most reactions

Back