Hello from OH

Kid_Rock_GTX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Howdy! Hows it going guys and gals? My name is chris, curently I live in NW ohio but im in the process of moving out to SE arizona. I love photograhy, in highschool I was big into video editing and stuff of that nature. Now im getting more into still photography I can take some good pictures but i havnt had a nice camera. It was either my sony video camera taking stills or my cell phone. Im looking into getting a sony H2 but until I can afford that I found something else. I dug up my moms old camera its an Asahi Pentax K1000. Here is a link to the camera http://www.photoethnography.com/ClassicCameras/index-frameset.html?AsahiPentaxK1000.html~mainFrame Its a cool little old camera, I have never used 35mm film before. The camera has one lense and then another one i can put on it with the first lense to make it zoom i guess. I have a very basic understanding of this stuff but its not to good. lol i guess you can label me as a noobie. I hope i can learn lots from you guys. I just bought 3 rolls of B&W and 3 rolls of color and im going to see what I can find. First i need to learn how to load this freakin beast! well hope to see you guys around here

Hey Kid Rock, welcome to the Forum and an anticipated welcome to Arizona! You'll love the opportunities for shooting great pictures here. What part of SE Arizona will you be in?

Other than that, the K1000 is a war horse, simple yet efficient. Do you have a manual for that? If not, there are some manuals over the net, in .pdf format which you might d'load and print. That'd make your life much easier understanding how the camera works.

Meanwhile enjoy the Forum.

Mitica100 said:
Hey Kid Rock, welcome to the Forum and an anticipated welcome to Arizona! You'll love the opportunities for shooting great pictures here. What part of SE Arizona will you be in?

Other than that, the K1000 is a war horse, simple yet efficient. Do you have a manual for that? If not, there are some manuals over the net, in .pdf format which you might d'load and print. That'd make your life much easier understanding how the camera works.

Meanwhile enjoy the Forum.

I am moving down to Naco, AZ it is on the border. My door is about 100 yards from the mexico border. Also bisbee, az is about 5 minutes from me and tombstone is around 40 minutes and tuscon is about 2 hours.

As far as the picture taking, I took my friend tobe down there and he is a professional photografher for guage magazine and really enjoys the hobbie. Well he snap some of the most amazing pictures ever. I will post them up someday. They are simply breath taking!

Thanks for the heads up on the manuals on the net. I will look for these. The only thing my mom has left was the old old leather bag and 2 lenses the camera and a really gay rainbow camera strap from like the 70s So i got some things to buy and I am going to get those manuals I think that would help me out alot

Most reactions

New Topics

Back