Hello from Oregon

bobmielke

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bobmielke.smugmug.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, Bob here. I'm a retired electronics tech that can now devote all the time he has left on earth to his hobby, photography. Fortunately, I don't have to travel much to capture one of the most beautiful parts of the United States, the Pacific Northwest. I'm within 100 miles of the Pacific Coastline, Cascade Mountain Range. Columbia River Gorge, Mt Hood & Mt. St. Helens & the high desert of Eastern Oregon.

I'm on a tight monthly budget so I'm glad I bought all my gear before I retired. I use Photoshop CS5 and Perfect Photo Suite from OnOne Software. I own a loaded PC with Windows 7.0 and a brand new 21.5" iMac with 16gig of RAM. I'll be set for a long time.

I love to travel and have ridden 80,000 miles on motorcycles since arriving in Oregon 5 years ago. I'm down to a 250cc Piaggio Touring Scooter now for their economy. I still ride it on 200 mile per day treks.

I've been a photographer for 41 years including a stint as a pro wedding & portrait photographer many years ago. I have no favorite subject matter but I do love nature.

Welcome, nice to see another Oregonian on here. We are fortunate to live in a beautiful area, if only I enjoyed doing landscape photography. Enjoy your time on here, there are some very knowledgeable people on here who are willing to give critique if you want it.
Cheers

Most reactions

New Topics

Back