Hello from PHX....

bethanynericks

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi everyone! I am a new photographer, and by that I mean new to owning a professional level camera. I shoot with a Canon 50D. I have recently started my own photography business in Phoenix, AZ, but soon will be moving it to Minneapolis, MN. So far, I have been busy with photo sessions almost every weekend, especially with the holidays coming up. My question is for fellow Phoenix area photographers. What are some great, rustic/antique spots to shoot around the valley that don't cost money? I do know of a few, but I am doing a shoot in the Gilbert area and need some ideas? Any suggestions??

Thanks,
Bethany

Hi everyone! I am a new photographer, and by that I mean new to owning a professional level camera. I shoot with a Canon 50D. I have recently started my own photography business in Phoenix, AZ, but soon will be moving it to Minneapolis, MN. So far, I have been busy with photo sessions almost every weekend, especially with the holidays coming up. My question is for fellow Phoenix area photographers. What are some great, rustic/antique spots to shoot around the valley that don't cost money? I do know of a few, but I am doing a shoot in the Gilbert area and need some ideas? Any suggestions??

Thanks,
Bethany

Hi Bethany,

I'm in Ahwatukee, just West of Chandler. Congrats on your new business! As for spots to photograph, I would definitely travel to Globe-Miami area, East on 60, a very interesting mining place. It would only be the cost of gas. If you have $10 to spare though, I would recommend the Vulture Mine near Wickenburg, about 1.5 hours away from Gilbert. Another interesting place is the Crown King area, especially Cleator, a very old mining town which is somewhat still inhabited. You would need a 4x4 for this since the roads are rough. Gilbert proper is nice, in the downtown area, between Elliott and Guadalupe on Gilbert Rd. Lots of older buildings. If you ever get hungry there, try Romeo's Euro Cafe! As you enter, you'll see what I consider the best dessert stand in the desert. A feast for the eyes and otherwise.

Good luck and welcome to TPF!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back