Hello from San Diego

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by TimVii, Mar 21, 2016.

1. TimVii

TimVii TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Hello everyone...

I am new to the forum. I am an amateur (digital) photographer. I am working on bettering my skills as a photographer, and exploring more of the world of photography. Photography is something that I have always been passionate about, but have never really pursued to any great extent. I was always the guy that had a "decent" camera, and ended up with a few good images here and there... Now I am the guy that has a "nice" camera, and I am working on learning more and more about the art of light.

I live in the beautiful city of San Diego, so I have an endless supply of beautiful subjects to shoot!

I know someone will ask, so I guess I will go ahead and mention my equipment. I am shooting with a Canon 5D Mk II and when my wife isn't looking, I borrow her 5D Mk III. I don't have many lenses yet, but I am working on expanding my lens collection. Depending on the subject, I generally shoot with a 50mm f1.4, Canon 24-70mm f4, or Canon 70-200 f2.8 & f4.

Here is a fun shot that I took last night... HLB1.jpg

This one wasn't planned, and I wish that I had taken in portrait instead of landscape, but other than that, I think it came out great (CC is always welcome)!

I look forward to being a member of the TPF community!

-Tim

2. The_Traveler

The_Traveler Completely Counter-dependent Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Welcome to TPF.
    Nicely exposed and framed.
    Good sharpness.
    Make the subject bigger in the frame, there's no need for all that space and that big white car attracting a viewer's eye.

You can see that the overhead light, even diffused, makes bright spots on the top of his cheeks and shadows underneath.
    A bit of fill flash or reflector would even that out.

upload_2016-3-21_18-35-2.png

3. TimVii

TimVii TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    It does look much better like that! Thanks

4. TimVii

TimVii TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

Talkative crowd.