Hello from San Diego

TimVii

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello everyone...

I am new to the forum. I am an amateur (digital) photographer. I am working on bettering my skills as a photographer, and exploring more of the world of photography. Photography is something that I have always been passionate about, but have never really pursued to any great extent. I was always the guy that had a "decent" camera, and ended up with a few good images here and there... Now I am the guy that has a "nice" camera, and I am working on learning more and more about the art of light.

I live in the beautiful city of San Diego, so I have an endless supply of beautiful subjects to shoot!

I know someone will ask, so I guess I will go ahead and mention my equipment. I am shooting with a Canon 5D Mk II and when my wife isn't looking, I borrow her 5D Mk III. I don't have many lenses yet, but I am working on expanding my lens collection. Depending on the subject, I generally shoot with a 50mm f1.4, Canon 24-70mm f4, or Canon 70-200 f2.8 & f4.

Here is a fun shot that I took last night...
HLB1.jpg

This one wasn't planned, and I wish that I had taken in portrait instead of landscape, but other than that, I think it came out great (CC is always welcome)!

I look forward to being a member of the TPF community!

-Tim

Welcome to TPF.
Nicely exposed and framed.
Good sharpness.
Make the subject bigger in the frame, there's no need for all that space and that big white car attracting a viewer's eye.

You can see that the overhead light, even diffused, makes bright spots on the top of his cheeks and shadows underneath.
A bit of fill flash or reflector would even that out.

upload_2016-3-21_18-35-2.png

Welcome to TPF.
Nicely exposed and framed.
Good sharpness.
Make the subject bigger in the frame, there's no need for all that space and that big white car attracting a viewer's eye.

You can see that the overhead light, even diffused, makes bright spots on the top of his cheeks and shadows underneath.
A bit of fill flash or reflector would even that out.

View attachment 118141
It does look much better like that! Thanks

Talkative crowd.

Most reactions

Back