Hello from SE Michigan

astroNikon

'ya all Bananas I tell 'ya
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello.
I've always loved photography. Mostly astrophotography. I also noticed while logging in I misspelled my name "astoNikon" instead of "astroNikon" Oh well.

I bought my Nikon just last Fall after a 5+ yr absence. before that it was mostly film from time to time. I got interested in Astrophotography back in college in the late 80s. Now I've have learned so much as I initially tried to perfect my pictures of the moon (detailed craters etc). Now I'm doing some landscape/nature, sky, artsy stuff and starting to do people now too.

I love it. I'm also just now getting into flash photography for objects and portraits.

I hope to learn alot from here. There is so much to learn just about the basics of using my camera itself.

Steve

Welcome to the site.

I also noticed while logging in I misspelled my name "astoNikon" instead of "astroNikon" Oh well.

Fixed! ;) I won't tell if you won't.

Welcome to TPF, Steve! It sounds like you are on the right path, just getting familiar with your new camera and finding out everything it can (or can't) do for you. Don't hesitate to jump in and ask questions when you're unsure about something. This is how we all learn!

Have fun!

Thanks for correcting that. It was a head scratcher this morning as I tried to log in. I did the lost password thing and I noticed my ID was "astro" LOL Now I"m on board!!

The D7000 certainly is a challenge but changing anything is quick and easy for it. I also bought the Darrell Young, Mastering the Nikon D7000 as a reference a while back. You'll definitely see questions from me especially in the flash arena.

Welcome to site! thats a great camera you have there!

Hello and welcome to the forum Steve!

Welcome aboard. My lovely wife is from Monroe!

Thanks for correcting that. It was a head scratcher this morning as I tried to log in. I did the lost password thing and I noticed my ID was "astro" LOL Now I"m on board!!

You are very welcome! I knew you'd figure it out after a bit of a stumble - glad you got back on so fast. :)

@Dinardy - thanks. My first forey into film eons ago was a Minolta but it died like a year later. Then I went to Nikon. I love my D7000. I got it for the weathersealing and ISO 100 and other features for astrophotography. But I'm finding how wonderful an overall camera it is once I point it to things a little more local.

@snowbear yes Monroe is about an hour south of me.

Thanks Smalltowngirl13 and IceCanAm

Wow, learning lots from this website and online.
I just learned how to do a black background without a background.

basically ISO 100, f/11, 1/250 shutter
and a flash with a home made black paper wrap to direct the light to one spot (no spread). In this case a plastic dinosaur.

Pretty neat effect, and so simple.

And last week I learned Selective Colorization. And I learned to use LightRoom a bit. I adjusted a picture that had dark shadows in it with lightroom and the brush features. Learning alot so far thanks to this forum.

Most reactions

Back