Hello from Surrey

EmergentFungus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello there.

Found this forum today and can see it will be a useful place to improve my photography skills and share my ideas with like minded people.

I'm 16 and live in Surrey, UK. I've had myself a Canon Powershot S50 for a year or so now and loved it to bits, great for travel and has produced some good pics. My dad died a few years ago and I inherited his very nice film SLR, a Canon EOS Elan 2e with 35-80mm lens and a few filters. Decided that it would be best to dig it out of the draw and learn how to use it so last week I started playing with it with no film inside. The main reason for this is because I have chosen a course in photography for my A levels in September. I've got 2 holidays abroad (Wales and Austria) over the summer and am hoping to take a few rolls pf decent pics with it.

I'm really enjoying photography at the moment and am pondering over the thought of taking it up as a career. Any ideas on what the best route into it would be?

Also, what would the above lens be best suited for? I love the detail of a good macro and natural landscape.

Cheers.

Welcome aboard!

Hello and welcome to the forum. I'm from Bromley, so not a million miles from Woking. Enjoy your photography course, don't forget to give the forum a shout if you need any help or advice!

Rob

You from Surrey too, Lensmeister?

EDIT: Thought you said where IS...

I'll be in Solden, nearish to Innsbruck. It's right on the border to Italy so I can cross Italy on the list of visited countries too.

Hello! And hello to those strange Martians I've seen lurking in Woking's town centre :)

Most reactions

Back