Hello from Syracuse NY

harleydave

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Did photography as a hobby years ago. Haven't had the time until recently, (diagnosed with cancer and can't work at this moment) to get back into it. My wife has been doing photography for awhile, she shoots with Nikon D500. I've been researching what camera to buy with a budget of about $2000. My wife has some really good glass for her Nikon, 50mm prime f1.8, 105mm Macro/Portrait, Tameron I think 55-200. After much research I ordered Nikon Z6ii with FTZ adapter to use her lenses for now until I can afford Z lens, (probably a few months). Anxiously awaiting camera arrival tomorrow. Look forward to learning and sharing with the community.
Dave

Hello and welcome. Sorry to hear about the cancer. Not nice.

Do you have a Harley then?

Hello and welcome. Sorry to hear about the cancer. Not nice.

Do you have a Harley then?
I bought brand new 2022 in April and got diagnosed 2 weeks later. It's my therapy for the soul.

Attachments

• IMG_5080-min.jpeg
    IMG_5080-min.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 39
Lovely looking bike, I had my motorbike fad about 30 years ago......:onthego:

Lovely looking bike, I had my motorbike fad about 30 years ago......:onthego:
Started riding at 6 years old when my dad got me into dirtbike racing. Now 59 and still on 2 wheels

Welcome to the forum. Sounds like you have a well thought out equipment plan. My f-mount AF glass, that I use with my D500, works great on my Z mount camera and I think you'll find the Z6ii to be an excellent choice. Enjoy!

I bought brand new 2022 in April and got diagnosed 2 weeks later. It's my therapy for the soul.
Awe mate that's a thing of real beauty.

I've an old Jap cruiser but I'm coming close to getting myself a Fatboy 114 or Breakout 114. I'm erring towards the Fatboy tho.

I wish you well with your treatment and hopefully a long and healthy future.

Awe mate that's a thing of real beauty.

I've an old Jap cruiser but I'm coming close to getting myself a Fatboy 114 or Breakout 114. I'm erring towards the Fatboy tho.

I wish you well with your treatment and hopefully a long and healthy future.
I work for a Harley Dealership here in Upstate NY so I've rode them all. Between those 2, I would do the Fatboy. I find it more comfortable than the Breakout. Just my opinion thought. Don't matter what you ride as long as you ride.

Welcome!
Sorry to hear of your cancer, I wish you well in your journey to kick its ass, stay strong!

Welcome aboard.

Born in St Joes, CBA '64 and still find Heids white hots here in florida. Realize that if you want to progress in photography, gear doesn't make better photos, mastering the craft will. Since it sounds like you have some time, consider Kelby on line training. Good luck on the recovery.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back