Hello from Rochester, NY

Wildcats160

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, all. I've been lurking here for a few weeks and finally decided to make an account. I'm an attorney by trade and enjoy hobbies as diverse as hunting, fishing, weight lifting, and pipe smoking/collecting. I bought a Nikon D40 back in 2006 thinking that photography was a hobby I might enjoy. I quickly found myself overwhelmed and into storage that poor camera went. Needless to say, my career leaves little room for creativity and, finding myself yearning for a creative outlet, I dug out that old dSLR and gave it another try.

So far, I just have the kit 18-55 lens and no accessories. I've been playing with Apple Pixelmator for basic processing as well. My wife is getting me a 50mm f1.8g for my birthday and I plan to put it on and not take it off until I have a solid base skill set down. In the meantime, I'll be learning as much as I can here.

Welcome. I'm from the DC area (Northern Virginia). But I'm actually in Rochester at the moment (and for all of this week). Snowed under with client work so I can't get together this week. However, I'll probably be making regular trips to Rochester for the next couple of months (client work). So if you're interested we could do dinner one evening. I love some of the buildings here--especially the Xerox, Chase buildings and the Strong Museum.

Pixelmator isn't bad. But if all you're doing is basic processing, you can probably use Photos (the successor to iPhoto) since it sounds like you're using a Mac.

Hello, all. I've been lurking here for a few weeks and finally decided to make an account. I'm an attorney by trade and enjoy hobbies as diverse as hunting, fishing, weight lifting, and pipe smoking/collecting. I bought a Nikon D40 back in 2006 thinking that photography was a hobby I might enjoy. I quickly found myself overwhelmed and into storage that poor camera went. Needless to say, my career leaves little room for creativity and, finding myself yearning for a creative outlet, I dug out that old dSLR and gave it another try.

So far, I just have the kit 18-55 lens and no accessories. I've been playing with Apple Pixelmator for basic processing as well. My wife is getting me a 50mm f1.8g for my birthday and I plan to put it on and not take it off until I have a solid base skill set down. In the meantime, I'll be learning as much as I can here.
Welcome, from a fellow pipe smoker/collector. I've been to the Lilac City and really enjoyed the visit - quirky museums, Eastman House, etc.

Most reactions

Back