Hello from Tuscaloosa

Gaterose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi my name is Matt, I'm a new member here from Tuscaloosa, AL. I found the forum on Tapatalk and will probably just lurk for a while but wanted to post an introduction.

Photography is mainly a hobby for me but I'm trying to learn more so I thought this forum might be useful. I prefer landscape stuff but have recently shot a baby's 1st birthday, bridal shower, and 60th anniversary party for friends and family.

I first bought a D40X in 2010 for a trip to Southwest CO, I quickly found that I enjoyed photography and later upgraded to a D5000. I'd like to get something better but I really like the tilt out screen and size of the D5K series for my uses so it will be hard to justify anything bigger. Price is an obvious issue as well.

I have a Nikon 18-55mm VR & 35mm f/1.8, and a Sigma 70-300mm.

I should also mention that my girlfriend has gotten into photography since we've been together and uses an NEX-5 with 16mm, fisheye conversion, 18-55mm, & 50mm f/1.8; I occasionally use it as well.

Here are a few recent shots of mine (and yes I like taking pictures of my 4Runner, I think it's photogenic) -

$8422352558_4a9f8f2e31_b.jpg$8392779467_85eff65433_b.jpg
$8468958397_be9d8d4bf1_b.jpg$8479469903_a9a558e794_b.jpg

:thumbup: Welcome to TPF Matt! :camera:

We have a forum section with several categories for photo sharing, comments and critique. Here is a link - Photo Galleries - Photos submitted by members for general display or critique

^^^^Watch out for this guy!!

Welcome, Matt! I really like your shot of the cypress knees. :)

You will find that posting your work by category in the Gallery section will be the best way to get feedback (other than stuff like I just posted, I mean REAL feedback) on your work. ;) Check them out! Hope you keep posting and enjoy TPF!

Hello and welcome aboard Matt! Great pics!

Welcome to the site.

Roll Tide!

Hit me up if you ever find yourself in Huntsville. Me and a buddy shoot a lot around here.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! I'll be sure and check out the gallery section as well as the other sub-forums when I have time.

Hit me up if you ever find yourself in Huntsville. Me and a buddy shoot a lot around here.

I'm actually going to be in Hartselle on Saturday for some party for my girlfriend. We were talking about driving to Huntsville and visiting the space center or some other interesting spots for a few photos. Any suggestions?

and... ROLL TIDE!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back