Hello from Vancouver Canada

therese

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am not actually new to photography but have been using analog cameras for years not as a hobby but like the occasional shot when I see something interesting and just recently started to get into digital cameras a few years ago. Started with point & shoot cameras (Canon SX120) my analog camera is a Canon EOS SLR. I am still learning and I find it now very interesting & turned into a hobby.
I would like to get the Canon 7D when I get tired of the point & shoot, I know you can only go so far with the point & shoot. I like the fact I do not have to buy any more roll of films just shoot & edit and go with the digital.

Welcome! I wanna go to Vancouver. Post some pics of your city!

Canada? What's that?

Welcome aboard eh!

What camera model is your SLR? I started with a Canon EOS 650, the very first auto focus SLR they had. I've got a few others but digital was just so, so much better...I haven't used them in years.

Welcome aboard eh!

What camera model is your SLR? I started with a Canon EOS 650, the very first auto focus SLR they had. I've got a few others but digital was just so, so much better...I haven't used them in years.

I also have the EOS650 with a 35-105 lens and have not used it ever since I got a digital camera, I am planning to get the Canon 7D. I was looking at the 5D markIII I know it is a better camera but can't afford that, the body alone was over $3400. Its amazing the specs on that camera with ISO 25,600. I was reading somewhere in this forum even at that setting the photos were still good.

Welcome, Canada?, is that a new state in the US, :lmao: a attempt a being funny, Nice to have you aboard

Welcome, Canada?, is that a new state in the US, :lmao: a attempt a being funny, Nice to have you aboard

California, Canada, ... all sounds similar anyway and seen from across the pond it all looks the same anyway. ;)

Welcome aboard eh!

I also have the EOS650 with a 35-105 lens and have not used it ever since I got a digital camera, I am planning to get the Canon 7D. I was looking at the 5D markIII I know it is a better camera but can't afford that, the body alone was over $3400. Its amazing the specs on that camera with ISO 25,600. I was reading somewhere in this forum even at that setting the photos were still good.
Ah yes, I've still got my 35-105mm lens. Besides a sloppy push-pull zoom, it's a great 'kit' lens.

The 7D is a great camera, for what it is. It's a great sports/action camera, as it has great auto focus. The image quality is said to be pretty good, although I think the APC-S (cropped) size sensors are maybe pushing their limits with 18MP.
The 5DmkIII does look great, but yes, it's very expensive at the moment. You could get a 5DmkII, new, for $2199 or less. The image quality is outstanding, but the AF is nowhere near as good as the 7D. Depends what you shoot.

Welcome fellow BC'er. Just a note - I had a great experience shopping at Kerrisdale Camera last week when I was down in your neck of the woods. Good folks (almost as good as McBain in Edmonton). If you're going kicking tires on cameras I'd recommend that as the place to do it.

JM

Welcome fellow BC'er. Just a note - I had a great experience shopping at Kerrisdale Camera last week when I was down in your neck of the woods. Good folks (almost as good as McBain in Edmonton). If you're going kicking tires on cameras I'd recommend that as the place to do it.

JM

Yes Kerrisdale Camera I sure will go and have a look as you say kick some tires and try out a few of the cameras, its like going into a candy store...:lol:

Most reactions

Back