Hello, New Canadian.

Rath

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey folks, new guy here from Canada, just started getting into actual photography. For a long time I've enjoyed taking photos but would just use my phone. Too be fair, in my opinion, my phone has one of the best cameras available in a cell phone. LG G5. I've taken some very nice shots with it that you wouldn't guess came from a phone.

That being said, I finally stepped up and bought myself a real camera, with interchangeable lenses. Sony A6000 is what I decided to go with, and so far I'm loving it. Still just have the kit lens which is a 16-50mm f3.5-5.6 Sony lens. Its not terrible at all contrary to what some reviews have said about it.

anywho, thats it. look forward to perusing this site and learning a lot.

Welcome aboard.

Thanks fellas!

Hey folks, new guy here from Canada, just started getting into actual photography. For a long time I've enjoyed taking photos but would just use my phone. Too be fair, in my opinion, my phone has one of the best cameras available in a cell phone. LG G5. I've taken some very nice shots with it that you wouldn't guess came from a phone.

That being said, I finally stepped up and bought myself a real camera, with interchangeable lenses. Sony A6000 is what I decided to go with, and so far I'm loving it. Still just have the kit lens which is a 16-50mm f3.5-5.6 Sony lens. Its not terrible at all contrary to what some reviews have said about it.

anywho, thats it. look forward to perusing this site and learning a lot.
Welcome aboard! I've learned a lot here just by looking, but even more by posting photos and getting feedback. BTW, I'm very pleased with my a6000 with the kit lens.

Welcome aboard! I've learned a lot here just by looking, but even more by posting photos and getting feedback. BTW, I'm very pleased with my a6000 with the kit lens.

thanks! yeah im really liking it so far too. I will eventually get either the sony 50mm 1.8 or the sigma 60mm 2.8, as well as the rokinon 12mm 2.0

Welcome to TPF.

Sometimes people get too hung up on gear.
Shoot what you have and enjoy the learning process. It's amazing what can be done with a camera.

Says the guy with a gigantic lens and a studio ;P

Welcome.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back