hello people, can some take time out and answer my questions about these cameras

gendarmee

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I decided to get myself a digicam, At present i have these on mind

1- Canon powershot S3 IS 6MP
2- Canon powershot A640 7MP
3- Canon IXUS 900 ti 10MP

Last edited:
Uhh... those are pretty specific questions, and I don't know that anyone here has owned all three cameras to really answer your questions.

Here's what I know, in no particular order:

Elph was a product name they introduced at least 10 years ago, it was their very sleek point&shoot camera. Digital Elph means that it is the digital version thereof. I have one, but it's really just a small camera. The pictures are fine, but I don't try anything creative with it.

I don't know the PowerShot (another name Canon uses for a whole line of cameras.)

I really like the S3 and have thought about buying one. It is a good camera (though not exactly small) and allows you a lot of flexibility, and will follow your skills for quite some time. It will be the closest to an SLR by far.

Regarding those fast shutter speeds, don't worry about them. You'll almost never shoot that fast. A typical shutter speed for an SLR is somewhere between 1/60th of a second to 1/250th of a second. What they are offering (1/3600th of a second) should be extremely rare to use. My extremely fancy and expensive Canon 5D can't shoot that fast - and nor would I ever want to.

IS (Image Stabilization) is a nice thing to have. It will help when shooting in a place where it's a little darker than might be considered optimal.

Have fun. Let us know what you get. Let me know if you get the S3, and what you think of it.

not having used any of the three I would still reccommend the first one from what I heard.

the 2nd one is supposedly a good one too. but for number 3 you pay a lot for it's fancy finish and small size.

oh, and please don't use that painful blue and large font ... quite a shock when you read in early morning ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back