Hello =]

tobi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, I'm new to this site, and new to photography. I'm 17 years old, going to be 18 in a month and a half, and as of right now, I am only into photography as a hobby. I do see, however, possibly taking this as a career later in life once I am more experienced, and can afford a better camera and lenses. I know for a fact that I am no where near good, but I'm better than the people that cut the heads off of the people they're taking pictures of, haha :).

I am hoping to get the Canon EOS Rebel T3 around Christmas time. (Grandma has this camera, and I am in love with it, :p) Sadly, very few events come up where I am able to take photo's of. I could take pictures of my horses or my bull, but that would get boring after a while :(. I also live right by an orange grove, but I'm not allowed to walk through to find something that might be photograph worthy, due to it being private property.

Anyways, I hope to learn a lot from you guys, and be able to eventually share my pictures with you guys, and get complemented :)

The best picture on my camera as of right now, is a picture my grandmother took when we got on a cruise ship, and they went to the bar. This picture looks like something she could actually sell to the cruise company for them to use in an advertisement. I'll post it next chance I am able to, because I rarely get the chance to use her computer, and mine for some reason won't recognize USB devices, and the card reader slots are broken.

you don't need events or "photograph worthy" subjects :)
although something as interesting as a bull would make for a cool photo, there is something very amazing about shooting a mediocre subject and MAKING it "photograph worthy".
shoot right in your own backyard or your own home to make everyday subjects interesting.
in fact, restrictions like that can make for a better photographer as it calls for extra creativity.
I'm pretty new to this forum too,
welcome! :)

Welcome to the forum. Maybe you could ask the owner of the orange grove and see if they will give you permission to walk through. You should be able to learn a lot on here.

A friend and I use to do challenges where we would pick a very small area like one city block. or a back yard or even the interior of a house and see who could get the best shot in 30 minutes of shooting and 30 minutes on the computer after. It was a great challenge and taught me to find good shots anywhere!

Jeatley said:
A friend and I use to do challenges where we would pick a very small area like one city block. or a back yard or even the interior of a house and see who could get the best shot in 30 minutes of shooting and 30 minutes on the computer after. It was a great challenge and taught me to find good shots anywhere!

I did a workshop one time were the instructor had us do the same thing. It was a good experience and forced you to look at things completely different. Its a good exercise for anyone from time to time.

Jeatley said:
wow!! this sounds so fun..
I wish I had photographer friends :'(
haha

Most reactions

Back