Hello!

MrsBaker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello! My name is Lauren and I currently reside in Ithaca, NY. I've always been an amateur photographer and mostly enjoy still life. Recently, my best friend asked me to join her successful photography business specializing in weddings and portraits. Before I make that commitment, I need much more experience (well, any experience) with portraiture. I came here to learn some tricks and tips and for some guidance.

I'm currently shooting with a Canon T3i and the kit lens (EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS Type II). This lens has always been enough to hold me over, but I'm realizing it's not the ideal lens for portraits, which is perhaps why I've never been pleased with my images of live subjects. I'm looking to invest in a 50mm prime lens and the 24-70mm f/2.8L lens. Before I make such a pricey, blind leap into photographing people, I was hoping for some direction from you all.

Hi Lauren, and welcome to TPF! I think you are showing much wisdom, knowing you need some direction before making a leap. :) It's an exciting field and is easy to get carried away (and expensive!!). We have a lot of folks here who can offer tips. I look forward to seeing your work!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back