Help a beginner acheive this effect in lightroom?

rgower

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was looking at this guy's photos on facebook... everything looked pretty bleh. But then he took maybe 1 or 2 shots from lots of albums, and applied this setting to them. The effect was really quite great, and I can't figure out how to do it in lightroom. Notice how the clouds are dark but she is bright. I could get it pretty close but could never keep the trees bright or the sky dark. Anyways, could anyone try and edit the original, and then maybe send me the lightroom preset or just tell me the values that were changed? Thanks a lot!

BEFORE
beforefr6.jpg

AFTER
afterqd0.jpg

Try working in Photoshop (vice Lightroom) and doing it in layers.

I don't think it was done in photoshop, cause like i said, he created a new album and all had a very similar effect. Seems like a batch process preset.

It was probably done in Photoshop with an action and batch processed.

I don't think it was done in photoshop, cause like i said, he created a new album and all had a very similar effect. Seems like a batch process preset.

Understood. I was simply providing you with a suggested way to achieve the desired affect.

well i can't say for sure,as im not on my pc,to try it myself ,but on my ps3 ,but,
How about justbringing the black point in the levels adjustment down some ,then desaturating the colours some ..Id think that woul give a similar result.

I think you are suposed to post links to images if the pics are not yours....

I think using layers and adjusting each part seperatly
may do the trick

well i can't say for sure,as im not on my pc,to try it myself ,but on my ps3 ,but,
How about justbringing the black point in the levels adjustment down some ,then desaturating the colours some ..Id think that woul give a similar result.

That works to get the girl almost exactly the same, but makes the sky really bright and trees really dark.

Most reactions

Back