Help a noob out =) Trying to sell a collector camera

jefh328ic

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys, I honestly don't know where to go and decided to come here. My uncle is trying to sell a camera he bought years ago when he was taking classes at the university. The most he had told me is that this camera was used by Disney and he might have some documentation of it. The camera works great and comes with some extra parts, comes in original case an with a tripoid. He did tell me that he paid over $2,000 for it, since it was a professional camera. Anyway, he asked me to help him sell it, and I don't know anyhing about cameras or photography, you can ask me about cars, then I can help you out hehe :lol:

I was wondering if you guys can help me out and share more information about the camera and how much could i sell it for. I dont know if I should Ebay it or what :confused:

I don't know how to attach pics here, someone help

Look at the camera body and see the brand name and any letters or numbers that tell what the name of the camera is.

Then you should look it up on ebay. If it really is a quality professional camera, then you should find others selling them too. And you'll find the going price for it.

Thanks, I'm not trying to make a killing out of the camera, my uncle is just trying to get rid of it, since he has no use for it.

Do you know how much would be a good price to let it go for?
Thanks

Spend a bit of time dusting it off and taking some decent photos of it. Do some research on what model it is and if it works. Then stick it on eBay with a decent advert with as much detail as possible. If it doesn't look like it's going to sell for a reasonable amount then pull the plug on the auction :)

Johnboy2978 said:

:lmao: that's a shame hehe
I'll let my uncle know, it seems it's the same camera :lol:

----------------

robhesketh, thanks for the advise, I have more detailed pics of it. I'm gonna ask my uncle if he has some documentation that it was indeed used by Disney, maybe that brings more attention and could sell it for around $200 :p

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Well, well... No one's asking Uncle Mitica here!...:lmao: :lmao:

The Cine Kodak Special 16mm movie camera was made around 1933 and had a lot of refinements such as variable shutter, speeds from 8 to 64 fps. It's quite collectible actually, if it's in good working order and clean. My book from 1995 says it's worth about $300.

Best bet is to search for movie camera circles on the net (google it) and find a place where they have want ads for that category.

Good luck to you. ;)

Most reactions

Back