Peanuts

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.brittanyesther.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Once again. I need help.:blushing:

I took my first "people" shots today and have a lot to work on, but where better to start looking for improvement tips then at TPF?

Both of these were taken at 1/125, which I don't understand seeing as I distinctly remember setting it at shutter priority for 1/200 (the minimum speed when flash is used). So the depth of field is lacking some extra 'punch'.

In the second, unfortunately I didn't know where to place her feet, so.. that obviously needs an improvement.

Other help would be greatly appreciated, as in a month or so, a relative of mine has asked me to photograph her family, and I have no idea where to start:meh:.

Thanks

IMG_6480.jpg

IMG_6493.jpg

The first thing I'd suggest is to shoot at a different time of day. It's bright enough to have your subject squinting at the light. I'd shoot either early in the morning or later in the afternoon, when the light is warmer. That would also change your DOF problem because it would cause your apeture to open up because of the darker setting. As for the feet placement, I have no idea but I think that the posing you did in the second picture is good.

Hope this helps.

I agree with what hobbes suggested as far as changing time of day, but I think you should have had her put her feet on those rocks rather than behind them.

A nice pose in #2 might have been to have her sit back more on the rocks with her feet up "hugging" her legs. You can also have sit so she is comfortable and tweak things from there. Having her relaxed would fit in well with the scenery.

and also, at the top of the first one it cuts off trees. You should either let them all in or cut them all off. :)

Whoops. Sorry I didn't reply earlier!

Thank you very much for all the replies. I will keep them in mind for next time I try this kind of photography again. I entirely forgot about the harsh lighting, but now that you mention it, I can't see how I didn't see it at the time. Oy.

Thanks once again. :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back