Help bringing RAW files into PC...

JessicaGalbreth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi all,

Hoping I don't sound like a complete numb skull here, but I have a Canon Rebel, and although I can easily transfer JPEGS taken with the camera to my PC, I'm having trouble bringing in RAW files.

My software keeps saying no photos are on the camera, even though we have 4 RAW files waiting there to be transfered. Help! :confused:

what software are you trying to use to transfer? Have you tried the software the camera came with or something lightroom? Those should do it right away.

I'm using the Digital Photo Pro software it came with. It's the strangest thing....I tried Photoshop as well....I'm baffled!

Not a canon user here. Is that the canon software then? When you access the card with it and try to import it only shows the jpegs?

Are you sure you didn't delete them by mistake? Can you still preview them on your camera?

As far as photoshop do you have the latest raw plugin? You might have to update the software to handle canon's raw files (just a guess).

Thanks, I will give these all a try. Yes, I can see them on the camera for a preview and all that, but the computer just reads the camera as empty. I will hunt for the latest RAW download and see if that does it.

Most reactions

Back