Help buying a flash unit

jayyduh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So I am looking to buy my first flash and I want it to be wireless because I already have one that mounts to my camera. I need some suggestions as far as what would be a good beginer flash that is not extreemly expensive. I have a canon rebel but will be upgrading soon so I dont know if that matters, I am very new to experimenting with flash. I mainly want it for portraits. And if you have any other advice it is greatly appreciated! :D

If you want wireless, you're gonna need triggers. The Canon standard speedlight seems to be the 580exII (right?) but there's no wireless capability on your cameras like Nikon has. You pretty much will need either a sync cord, radio triggers, or a optical slave thingy to put on the flashes foot.

If you want wireless, you're gonna need triggers. The Canon standard speedlight seems to be the 580exII (right?) but there's no wireless capability on your cameras like Nikon has. You pretty much will need either a sync cord, radio triggers, or a optical slave thingy to put on the flashes foot.

Unless he happens to be upgrading to a 7d... what flash do you currently have?

Most reactions

Back