help C&C a complete noob.

Viridian_Vixen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.belleofthehome.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Just looking for ways to get better! Always up for C&C!
Winter2010045.jpg

Half frozen lake at Steeles Creek Park
Winter2010067.jpg

more of the lake
pssnow015.jpg

Admin building of Morristown College.

#1 nice composition, but the image is blown out (to bright), the cloud over whelms the shot, bring the exposure down a bit, this will enhance the colors as well. Might need to increase the saturation a bit as well, have to see it a bit darker first. Last the focus point it somewhere off in the distance, try setting focus point closer to the water’s edge or a smaller F stop to bring the sharp focus throughout.

# 2 blurry and no real value

#3 again composition is Ok, but the building is too dark, if you have a graduated ND filter ether for the camera or PP software use it to darken the sky and lighten the building, the way it is most of the detail is lost, both of the building and foreground.

You show promise, but need to work on focus and the details.
What is the photograph of ? that needs to be your point of interest and have the sharpest focus and most detail.

thank you. I am just mostly trying to learn my camera, and like I said I am a complete noob! And trying to stop using autofocus!

And yeah the building was taken with my crappy point and shoot. But it was all I had at the moment.

thank you. I am just mostly trying to learn my camera, and like I said I am a complete noob! And trying to stop using autofocus!

And yeah the building was taken with my crappy point and shoot. But it was all I had at the moment.

Nothing wrong with Autofocus, I believe most photographers use AF most of the time these days no matter what their experience level. If you want to start taking control of your camera more use Av for these sorts of shots and set your aperture high and use a tripod for steadiness. 1 and 3 aren't bad, but 2 is lacking any real subject - which is thingsisee's main point I think

Most reactions

New Topics

Back