Help! Canon 60D and wireless flash triggers

Davis5

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can someone please offer some help/advice. I have a Canon 60D that I use with an older light set up that I've had for probably 8 or more years (studio max III 320 by photogenic). Photography is just a hobby so most things are trial and error for me. I recently purchased a set of Yongnuo RF-603C II wireless flash triggers.. Hoping to get rid of the sync cord and hot shoe set up I've been using. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I cannot get the triggers to work! Seems to work with the lights and will test fire but once I hook up to my camera... Nothing! Is there a setting I'm missing, a different cord I need or are they just not compatible? If anyone can help, I would be very grateful!

First, make sure the batteries in the unit have charge. In the past, some of those flash triggers shipped with batteries with little charge left. It worked, but not enough to work properly.

Make sure the unit that mount on the camera hot shoe is set to TX as Transmitter while the one with the flash set to TRX as receiver.

According to the description I read online, it should work with the 60D (or any cameras that use standard hot shoe with the center pin).

Are you able to post a camera phone shot of the setup?
The triggers are transceivers so there is no setting for transmit or receive.

Here is a quick video (using a speed light)

Last edited:
Can someone please offer some help/advice. I have a Canon 60D that I use with an older light set up that I've had for probably 8 or more years (studio max III 320 by photogenic). Photography is just a hobby so most things are trial and error for me. I recently purchased a set of Yongnuo RF-603C II wireless flash triggers.. Hoping to get rid of the sync cord and hot shoe set up I've been using. Not sure what I'm doing wrong but I cannot get the triggers to work! Seems to work with the lights and will test fire but once I hook up to my camera... Nothing! Is there a setting I'm missing, a different cord I need or are they just not compatible? If anyone can help, I would be very grateful!

I use the older yongnuo RF 601 wireless manual triggers with a 60D and Yongnuo and Canon flashes but don't know about the 'Studio Max' lights

Most reactions

Back