Help choosing a camera.

Let your purchases be driven by what you actually need, not by what you guess you might need at some point. The speedlight will still be sitting on some store shelf when the time comes you actually feel you know your camera enough and photography enough to make use of it. Same goes for extra lenses. Unless, of course, you're made of money, then spend like Bill Gates. :)

Haha I like the way you think. Alright then, speedlight out for the moment. Do those lenses look alright for beach shots, scenery, and pics with people?

i feel like no one listens to me

as for your memory question, part of it depends on if you want to shoot JPEG, RAW, or RAW+JPEG. RAW and RAW+JPEG use a lot of memory. But the benefits of shooting RAW are great.

Let your purchases be driven by what you actually need, not by what you guess you might need at some point. The speedlight will still be sitting on some store shelf when the time comes you actually feel you know your camera enough and photography enough to make use of it. Same goes for extra lenses. Unless, of course, you're made of money, then spend like Bill Gates. :)

Haha I like the way you think. Alright then, speedlight out for the moment. Do those lenses look alright for beach shots, scenery, and pics with people?

You could go for an all purpose lens like an 18-200mm job instead of the kit lens. That one lens should handle all your needs, save for the macro photography. Oh, and keep in mind that the longer you wait on stuff the less it costs and the better it gets, except when it comes to high end glass, which is always expensive.

i feel like no one listens to me

as for your memory question, part of it depends on if you want to shoot JPEG, RAW, or RAW+JPEG. RAW and RAW+JPEG use a lot of memory. But the benefits of shooting RAW are great.

What exactly is the difference and about how much memory does it use? I was looking towards buying this: [ame=http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-32GB-Extreme-Performance-SDSDX3-032G-P31/dp/B002TQ6HT6/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1279501675&sr=1-3]Amazon.com: SanDisk 32GB Extreme - SDHC Class 10 High Performance memory card 200x (SDSDX3-032G-P31, Retail Packaging)…[/ame]

They say it's good for fast viewing of videos and pictures. My main question is, how many will I need if I'm out doing something for the entire day?

well 1 8GB card will last me a long time. i shoot on fine jpg. it will last me 3-9 days depending on how much i shoot.

and it is a fast memory card. it is used for transferring the data of the pictures faster.

You could go for an all purpose lens like an 18-200mm job instead of the kit lens. That one lens should handle all your needs, save for the macro photography. Oh, and keep in mind that the longer you wait on stuff the less it costs and the better it gets, except when it comes to high end glass, which is always expensive.

I would, except it's a bit more expensive lol. $200-300 more. I will save for the macro one, I don't plan on buying it until sometime after. haha I will definitely keep that in mind.

right now i think you are in over your head. get a camera with a 18-55mm kit lens. read the manual, and learn your camera and how great this little kit lens actually is. then go buy this:

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Exposure-Photographs-Digital-Updated/dp/0817463003/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1279502530&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: Understanding Exposure: How to Shoot Great Photographs with a Film or Digital Camera (Updated Edition)…[/ame]

My main question is, how many will I need if I'm out doing something for the entire day?
a RAW image on the T2i is roughly 22 Mb

With an 8 GB card, I can take about 283 RAW images... or... 984 fine JPG images.

... oh, and I agree with rusty9.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
My main question is, how many will I need if I'm out doing something for the entire day?
a RAW image on the T2i is roughly 22 Mb

With an 8 GB card, I can take about 283 RAW images... or... 984 fine JPG images.

... oh, and I agree with rusty9.

I probably am, but I'll figure it out as I go.

I'm beginning to wonder why you bothered even asking *which* camera to buy. You should have asked, what's the most expensive camera and lens and memory card I can get for my money, regardless of whether I need it or not or if it's a smart purchase. More money = better, right? :lol:

Man, you make me wish I worked at the camera store that's gonna get to separate you from your bucks. ;)

No offence, just teasing ya. Best of luck.

Man, you make me wish I worked at the camera store that's gonna get to separate you from your bucks. ;)

LMAO:lmao:

Hey if your interested you can buy some of my gear at exorbitantly inflated prices!!! :p

One question is, have you try the camera yourself? What about other cameras in the market? I use Canon camera, but other cameras are also good. Go to a store and play with them and see which one you like.

I echo others regarding just get the kit lens to start. I know you want to shoot macro stuff. But just get the camera with a kit lens and start learning. Once you learn more, you will know what to get next.

No need to get all the fancy pro lenses in the beginning unless you have a lot of cash.

One question is, have you try the camera yourself? What about other cameras in the market? I use Canon camera, but other cameras are also good. Go to a store and play with them and see which one you like.

I echo others regarding just get the kit lens to start. I know you want to shoot macro stuff. But just get the camera with a kit lens and start learning. Once you learn more, you will know what to get next.

No need to get all the fancy pro lenses in the beginning unless you have a lot of cash.

Yeah, I'm skipping out on the Macro lens for now. I'll be sure to ask on this forum which kind of Macro lens to get when the time comes though. xP Thanks again everyone!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back