Help decide - only 4 hours to go!!! ;)

Bend The Light

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I like the rabbit best but the lock looks more arty. ??? It depends what they will be looking for.

I really like both shots. The building beside the rabbit's butt keeps drawing my eye away from him and breaks the mood of the image for me I'd go for the lock.

I would say 1st one without even giving it a second thought.
2nd shot seems amateurish to me. It stilll looks ineteresting as a subject for someone who hasn't seen the sculpture before.

It's probably too late for your competition, but if you have a chance to reshoot the second, I'd pick a vantage point somewhat to the left of the "wabbit" so that it's not in the center of the frame, and that would also have the effect of hiding the building in the background, and perhaps create more of a connection with the people on the left (Ok, they will probably not be waiting for you, but I'm sure you could either position some willing souls there, or wait for new passerbys).

As for your first image, I really like it. You've used the DOF very effectively to put the attention on the lock, while still showing the surrounding context. What size print are you making from this?

I would say 1st one without even giving it a second thought.
2nd shot seems amateurish to me. It stilll looks ineteresting as a subject for someone who hasn't seen the sculpture before.

It's probably too late for your competition, but if you have a chance to reshoot the second, I'd pick a vantage point somewhat to the left of the "wabbit" so that it's not in the center of the frame, and that would also have the effect of hiding the building in the background, and perhaps create more of a connection with the people on the left (Ok, they will probably not be waiting for you, but I'm sure you could either position some willing souls there, or wait for new passerbys).

As for your first image, I really like it. You've used the DOF very effectively to put the attention on the lock, while still showing the surrounding context. What size print are you making from this?

No chance of reshooting - I'm getting the prints in an hour or so. :)

Most people agree that the lock is the better of the two, and I think they are correct. I just liked the story of the Wabbitass. :)

Print will be on A3 paper, mounted.

there both really good but I'll have yo say the 1st one is better :) good luck

Most reactions

New Topics

Back