Help deciding on a new Canon Camera

You mentioned dogs, attached are a few mediocre pictures from a canon 50d (same focus system as a 60d). It was good light but the dog was fairly moving and I had a very poor lens (old 75-300) on the camera. Point being that a 60d is a very fast camera, maybe not an out and out sports but no slouch either. Sure the 7d is faster but before you decide on splashing out, do you need it that fast
$buzz (2).JPG$buzz (3).JPG$buzz (4).JPG$buzz.JPG

Thanks for the pictures. That it they type of shot I was looking for, and trying to catch birds in flight up close as well. I included a terrible picture that I took to show you the type of action shot, and maybe how I can improve it. I used a canon t2i with the kit 18-55 lens, and I just tried to shoot the pictures as my crazy dog came running down around the corner. I also wanted to ask what people thought of purchasing a used camera. I have seen some Canon 7d's on ebay that are in pretty good shape, and I could get it for just a little more then the 60d. Does anyone understand about shutter counts, and what is a good number to go by when purchasing a used camera. Thanks
$Hudson 1.jpg$hudson 2.jpg$Hudson 3.jpg

If you're trying to freeze puppy you need a faster shutter speed. It can be done with the kit lens and your current camera. Play more I use my dog to help me get ready for shooting my son at sports.
Used gear, I think every piece of my gear i bought used. As for shutter count lower generally better. My 7d was a wedding photog backup body had 5100 shutter counts. I searched and emailed several sellers. My school of thought on used gear the pros usually take good care of it functionally but cosmetics may suffer. Amateurs take good care cosmetics but may let functionally suffer. My used body and 2 L the sellers send me copies of where they had the items serviced or inspected before listing forsale. Knock on wood no issues with any of my gear.

As said above your T2i will suffice. If you still feel you need an upgrade second hand can be a good option. I bought my 7d secondhand and it had 3000 shots on it. I believe but am not 100% that the shutter is rated at 150000 for this model. I would be more inclined to buy used if i could inspect it before i bought though. Nice dog

You mentioned dogs, attached are a few mediocre pictures from a canon 50d (same focus system as a 60d).

AFAIK, the 50D and 60D DO NOT have the same focus system. Perhaps they have the same arrangement of focus points, but the 60D has 9 Cross-type points if I recall correctly.

The 40d and 50d also have 9 cross points. It sometimes is referred as a bad point for the 60d cos it wasn't an improvement over previous models.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back