help for a friend...anybody??

Sammie_Lou

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A friend of mine set her DSLR on auto over Thanksgiving weekend because it was being passed around by family members. One family member took a picture of my friend and her husband that she absolutely loves - except for the fact that it's completely blown out. I have her permission to post the picture here. Would anyone be willing to try to get this picture to look a little better?? I tried but my photoshop skills are SO limited. I can e-mail the original...Thanks in advance!

DSC_0434.jpg

Do you have ANY software with an exposure slider to see if there is any detail to be saved?

I have PSE 10, but I don't know my way around it yet or where to find anything. I just got it. What I tried so far was duplicating the layer and changing the "background copy" layer's blending mode to multiply, the decreasing the opacity of that. I got directions from a tutorial I found online but I thought maybe someone else would know another trick. Sorry to sound like a total noob (even though I am one), but where would I find the exposure slider?

This is the best that I came up with...maybe turning it into a black and white would help??

DSC_0434-2copycopy.jpg

Not much you can do. There is no data to retrieve in the blown areas.

If she already loves it the way it is, I would just leave it alone. There isn't much you can do anyway, and telling her that it's a crappy picture that needs fixed will just make you look like a snob to her (even if it really is a crappy picture that needs to be fixed).

She's the one who said she wished it wasn't blown out - she does photography, but the camera was on auto because someone else was using it. She asked me to see what I could do and, when I couldn't do much, I asked her if she cared if I posted the picture here. She said that she would love the picture, except for the fact that it's so blown out. Just trying to help her out.

Also, it wasn't captured in raw. She had it set to just jpeg for the holiday weekend.

She's the one who said she wished it wasn't blown out - she does photography, but the camera was on auto because someone else was using it. She asked me to see what I could do and, when I couldn't do much, I asked her if she cared if I posted the picture here. She said that she would love the picture, except for the fact that it's so blown out. Just trying to help her out.

Ah. Nevermind what I said then.

maybe try a bw conversion to see if you can save it.

Most reactions

Back